A NATION’S COMMITMENT TO THE DIGITAL ECONOMY
In order to push the nation’s Digital Economy to new heights, the Malaysian government has drafted a number of policies and roadmaps to strengthen a business environment that provides companies with opportunities for continued growth.
National Industry 4WRD Policy
Learn how we’re supporting the manufacturing sector & related services with their digital transformation plansLearn More
National eCommerce Strategic Roadmap (NESR)
Learn how eCommerce will help Malaysia achieve a target GDP of RM170 billion by 2020Learn More
National BDA Framework
Learn how we are striving to be the leading regional player in the field of Big Data AnalyticsLearn More
National DFTZ Initiative
Discover how cross-border eCommerce plays a role in the strengthening of Malaysia’s Digital EconomyLearn More
National AI Framework
We’re currently hard at work developing a national framework that would help streamline the nation’s agenda on Artificial Intelligence.
National IoT Framework
Discover how the Internet of Things will play a role in the development of Malaysia’s Digital EconomyLearn More
Update of MSC malaysia Status Tax Incentive
- We refer to the announcement by the Government of Malaysia on 12 June 2018, “Malaysia’s Commitment in International Tax Standard“, and the subsequent announcement by MDEC on 28 December 2018, titled “Important Update and Changes on MSC Malaysia BOG 5“.
- As stated in the aforesaid announcements, the identified tax incentives of Malaysia will need to be reviewed and amended to be consistent with the international standards, which also include the MSC Malaysia Bill of Guarantee (BOG) 5 (Tax Exemption).
- In accordance with the above exercise, the grant of MSC Malaysia Status and its incentives, including extension of income tax exemption period, or adding new MSC Malaysia Qualifying Activities, has been put on hold since 1 July 2018.
Changes to BOG 5 (Tax Exemption)
- Previously, the tax exemption for MSC Malaysia Status was granted for the income derived from MSC Malaysia Approved Activities. Moving forward, the tax exemption will be granted for income derived from either services activities (Services Incentive) and/or intellectual property (IP Incentive).
Status Update: Approval of MSC Malaysia Status Services Incentive (Non-IP)
- The MSC Malaysia Status Services Incentive has been approved by the Government and will be regulated under the new Income Tax (Exemption) (No. 10) Order 2018 [P.U.(A) 389/2018], which was gazetted on 31 December 2018.
- As for the MSC Malaysia Status IP Incentive, the policy is still under review process by the Government. MDEC will be releasing further information in due course.
Application of MSC Malaysia Status Services Incentive (Non-IP)
- Applications for MSC Malaysia Status Services Incentive can be made starting from 2nd April 2019.
- For more details about the eligibility criteria, and qualifying promoted activities and conditions, please refer to detailed Application Guidelines here.
- Application Forms can be downloaded from here and the completed application is to be forwarded to email@example.com.
- For further enquiries, please contact MDEC Client Contact Centre (CliC) at 1-800-88-8338 (within Malaysia) or +603 8315 3000 (overseas) or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For frequently asked questions, please refer here.