Welcome to Malaysia
Multi-racial, multi-cultural, Malaysia represents Asia at its best. Strategically positioned in the heart of Southeast Asia, Malaysia offers unrivaled connectivity, infrastructure and talent. Government initiatives such as MSC Malaysia offer further opportunities for your business to grow.
Come explore the possibilities with us
Come explore the possibilities with us
32.6MTotal population of Malaysia
15 thon the World Bank’s Doing Business 2019 Report
4.7 %GDP growth
RM 1,229.8BThe GDP of Malaysia
60international airlines from 100 destinations
Strategically located between China and India, right at the heart of ASEAN
A nation of multilinguals, capable of speaking Malay, English, Chinese, Indian and more
Cyberjaya and 20 other cyber centres
Thanks to the high penetration rate of both the internet and smartphones, Malaysia is home to a population that can only be described as ‘internet savvy’.
20.9MTotal number of smartphone users in Malaysia
OVER 22MTotal number of Facebook users in Malaysia
OVER 7.2MTotal number of Twitter users in Malaysia
OVER 80 minutes
per dayThe average amount of time Malaysians spend on YouTube
86 %Malaysia’s internet penetration rate
85 %Malaysia’s online banking penetration rate
118 %Malaysia’s broadband penetration rate
USD 1.03BEstimated mobile payment transaction value by 2021
Note: All figures are based on 2018 statistics
Over the years, Malaysia has been recognised by many organisations as one of ASEAN’s best markets to do business in. Here are some of Malaysia’s accolades:
in the INSEAD Global Talent Competitiveness Index 2018(Malaysia’s ranking in the world for Upper Middle-Income Group)
in the World Competitiveness Ranking 2018(Malaysia’s ranking in ASEAN)
in the A.T. KEARNEY Global Services Location Index 2017(Malaysia’s ranking in the world)
in the BLOOMBERG Emerging Market Scorecard 2018(Malaysia’s ranking in Asia)
in the HSBC Expat Explorer Survey 2018(Malaysia’s ranking in ASEAN)
in the ITU Global Cybersecurity Index 2017(Malaysia’s ranking in the world)
Unlocking The Opportunities
Technologically developed and strategically located in the heart of Southeast Asia, Malaysia is a nation ripe with future opportunities and potential.
Update of MSC malaysia Status Tax Incentive
- We refer to the announcement by the Government of Malaysia on 12 June 2018, “Malaysia’s Commitment in International Tax Standard“, and the subsequent announcement by MDEC on 28 December 2018, titled “Important Update and Changes on MSC Malaysia BOG 5“.
- As stated in the aforesaid announcements, the identified tax incentives of Malaysia will need to be reviewed and amended to be consistent with the international standards, which also include the MSC Malaysia Bill of Guarantee (BOG) 5 (Tax Exemption).
- In accordance with the above exercise, the grant of MSC Malaysia Status and its incentives, including extension of income tax exemption period, or adding new MSC Malaysia Qualifying Activities, has been put on hold since 1 July 2018.
Changes to BOG 5 (Tax Exemption)
- Previously, the tax exemption for MSC Malaysia Status was granted for the income derived from MSC Malaysia Approved Activities. Moving forward, the tax exemption will be granted for income derived from either services activities (Services Incentive) and/or intellectual property (IP Incentive).
Status Update: Approval of MSC Malaysia Status Services Incentive (Non-IP)
- The MSC Malaysia Status Services Incentive has been approved by the Government and will be regulated under the new Income Tax (Exemption) (No. 10) Order 2018 [P.U.(A) 389/2018], which was gazetted on 31 December 2018.
- As for the MSC Malaysia Status IP Incentive, the policy is still under review process by the Government. MDEC will be releasing further information in due course.
Application of MSC Malaysia Status Services Incentive (Non-IP)
- Applications for MSC Malaysia Status Services Incentive can be made starting from 2nd April 2019.
- For more details about the eligibility criteria, and qualifying promoted activities and conditions, please refer to detailed Application Guidelines here.
- Application Forms can be downloaded from here and the completed application is to be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For further enquiries, please contact MDEC Client Contact Centre (CliC) at 1-800-88-8338 (within Malaysia) or +603 8315 3000 (overseas) or email at email@example.com.
- For frequently asked questions, please refer here.