WE LEAD MALAYSIA’S DIGITAL ECONOMY
WHAT WE DO
Digitalising a nation’s economy requires expertise in multiple industries. We bring together innovators, thought leaders and technology advocates to lead Malaysia’s Digital Economy forward.
Our Programmes & Initiatives
Following our mandate to lead the development of the Digital Economy in Malaysia, MDEC has developed and implemented various first-mover digital initiatives and programmes that have re-shaped Malaysia as an innovative producer of digital content and services for Digital Skills (mydigitalmaker, Premier Digital Tech Institutions, e-Usahawan, GLOW) Digital Business (Malaysia Digital Hubs, GAIN, DFTZ) and Digital Investments (MSC, Global Business Services, Global Testbed Initiative).
Board of Directors
Meet the industry professionals entrusted to guide MDEC through the complex and fluid Digital Economy.Learn More
Senior Leadership Team
Get to know the Senior Leadership Team who are stewarding Malaysia’s Digital Economy initiatives and supporting the Board of Directors for MDEC to deliver on its mandate.Learn More
Update of MSC malaysia Status Tax Incentive
- We refer to the announcement by the Government of Malaysia on 12 June 2018, “Malaysia’s Commitment in International Tax Standard“, and the subsequent announcement by MDEC on 28 December 2018, titled “Important Update and Changes on MSC Malaysia BOG 5“.
- As stated in the aforesaid announcements, the identified tax incentives of Malaysia will need to be reviewed and amended to be consistent with the international standards, which also include the MSC Malaysia Bill of Guarantee (BOG) 5 (Tax Exemption).
- In accordance with the above exercise, the grant of MSC Malaysia Status and its incentives, including extension of income tax exemption period, or adding new MSC Malaysia Qualifying Activities, has been put on hold since 1 July 2018.
Changes to BOG 5 (Tax Exemption)
- Previously, the tax exemption for MSC Malaysia Status was granted for the income derived from MSC Malaysia Approved Activities. Moving forward, the tax exemption will be granted for income derived from either services activities (Services Incentive) and/or intellectual property (IP Incentive).
Status Update: Approval of MSC Malaysia Status Services Incentive (Non-IP)
- The MSC Malaysia Status Services Incentive has been approved by the Government and will be regulated under the new Income Tax (Exemption) (No. 10) Order 2018 [P.U.(A) 389/2018], which was gazetted on 31 December 2018.
- As for the MSC Malaysia Status IP Incentive, the policy is still under review process by the Government. MDEC will be releasing further information in due course.
Application of MSC Malaysia Status Services Incentive (Non-IP)
- Applications for MSC Malaysia Status Services Incentive can be made starting from 2nd April 2019.
- For more details about the eligibility criteria, and qualifying promoted activities and conditions, please refer to detailed Application Guidelines here.
- Application Forms can be downloaded from here and the completed application is to be forwarded to [email protected].
- For further enquiries, please contact MDEC Client Contact Centre (CliC) at 1-800-88-8338 (within Malaysia) or +603 8315 3000 (overseas) or email at [email protected]
- For frequently asked questions, please refer here.