PIONEERING NEW PATHS IN THE DIGITAL ECONOMY
The greatest innovations can sometimes come from the unlikeliest of places. In this digital age, aspiring entrepreneurs and startups are in a better position to disrupt the industry as technology allows them to rapidly bring their thoughts and ideas to fruition.
We believe that entrepreneurs, startups and small-medium enterprises are key to pushing the country’s digital economy to the next level, which is why we’ve introduced a series of initiatives that assist these tenacious groups with their endeavours.
Malaysia Tech Entepreneur Programme (MTEP)
Here’s how we’re helping aspiring tech entrepreneurs to achieve their dreamsLearn More
Malaysia Innovation Policy Council
Discover how we’re driving innovation to boost Malaysia’s Digital Economy.Learn More
Global Acceleration and Innovation Network (GAIN)
Here’s how we’re pushing small companies to the global stageLearn More
Digital Creative Content
Discover how we’re pushing digital creative content creators to new heightsLearn More
Islamic Digital Economy (IDE)
Here’s how we’re driving Malaysia’s Islamic Digital Economy to be the global standardLearn More
Big Data & AI
Learn how Big Data and Artificial Intelligence is influencing’s Malaysia’s digital economy strategyLearn More
Update of MSC malaysia Status Tax Incentive
- We refer to the announcement by the Government of Malaysia on 12 June 2018, “Malaysia’s Commitment in International Tax Standard“, and the subsequent announcement by MDEC on 28 December 2018, titled “Important Update and Changes on MSC Malaysia BOG 5“.
- As stated in the aforesaid announcements, the identified tax incentives of Malaysia will need to be reviewed and amended to be consistent with the international standards, which also include the MSC Malaysia Bill of Guarantee (BOG) 5 (Tax Exemption).
- In accordance with the above exercise, the grant of MSC Malaysia Status and its incentives, including extension of income tax exemption period, or adding new MSC Malaysia Qualifying Activities, has been put on hold since 1 July 2018.
Changes to BOG 5 (Tax Exemption)
- Previously, the tax exemption for MSC Malaysia Status was granted for the income derived from MSC Malaysia Approved Activities. Moving forward, the tax exemption will be granted for income derived from either services activities (Services Incentive) and/or intellectual property (IP Incentive).
Status Update: Approval of MSC Malaysia Status Services Incentive (Non-IP)
- The MSC Malaysia Status Services Incentive has been approved by the Government and will be regulated under the new Income Tax (Exemption) (No. 10) Order 2018 [P.U.(A) 389/2018], which was gazetted on 31 December 2018.
- As for the MSC Malaysia Status IP Incentive, the policy is still under review process by the Government. MDEC will be releasing further information in due course.
Application of MSC Malaysia Status Services Incentive (Non-IP)
- Applications for MSC Malaysia Status Services Incentive can be made starting from 2nd April 2019.
- For more details about the eligibility criteria, and qualifying promoted activities and conditions, please refer to detailed Application Guidelines here.
- Application Forms can be downloaded from here and the completed application is to be forwarded to email@example.com.
- For further enquiries, please contact MDEC Client Contact Centre (CliC) at 1-800-88-8338 (within Malaysia) or +603 8315 3000 (overseas) or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For frequently asked questions, please refer here.