EARN EXTRA INCOME AS A DIGITAL WORKER
The Digital Economy is a level playing field offering opportunities to Malaysians from all walks of life.
Our programmes and initiatives are for all Malaysians and designed to open up additional income avenues, provide new skills training and offer opportunities to thrive in the new Digital Economy.
SUCCESSFUL TESTIMONIAL VIDEOS
Discover how we’re helping companies embrace the digital era.Learn More
Update of MSC malaysia Status Tax Incentive
- We refer to the announcement by the Government of Malaysia on 12 June 2018, “Malaysia’s Commitment in International Tax Standard“, and the subsequent announcement by MDEC on 28 December 2018, titled “Important Update and Changes on MSC Malaysia BOG 5“.
- As stated in the aforesaid announcements, the identified tax incentives of Malaysia will need to be reviewed and amended to be consistent with the international standards, which also include the MSC Malaysia Bill of Guarantee (BOG) 5 (Tax Exemption).
- In accordance with the above exercise, the grant of MSC Malaysia Status and its incentives, including extension of income tax exemption period, or adding new MSC Malaysia Qualifying Activities, has been put on hold since 1 July 2018.
Changes to BOG 5 (Tax Exemption)
- Previously, the tax exemption for MSC Malaysia Status was granted for the income derived from MSC Malaysia Approved Activities. Moving forward, the tax exemption will be granted for income derived from either services activities (Services Incentive) and/or intellectual property (IP Incentive).
Status Update: Approval of MSC Malaysia Status Services Incentive (Non-IP)
- The MSC Malaysia Status Services Incentive has been approved by the Government and will be regulated under the new Income Tax (Exemption) (No. 10) Order 2018 [P.U.(A) 389/2018], which was gazetted on 31 December 2018.
- As for the MSC Malaysia Status IP Incentive, the policy is still under review process by the Government. MDEC will be releasing further information in due course.
Application of MSC Malaysia Status Services Incentive (Non-IP)
- Applications for MSC Malaysia Status Services Incentive can be made starting from 2nd April 2019.
- For more details about the eligibility criteria, and qualifying promoted activities and conditions, please refer to detailed Application Guidelines here.
- Application Forms can be downloaded from here and the completed application is to be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For further enquiries, please contact MDEC Client Contact Centre (CliC) at 1-800-88-8338 (within Malaysia) or +603 8315 3000 (overseas) or email at email@example.com.
- For frequently asked questions, please refer here.