RAISING THE YOUTH OF TOMORROW
Being exposed to technology at such a young age gives the youths of Malaysia an edge when it comes to technological knowledge. By nurturing their interest and knowledge of technology via initiatives and programmes, we believe that we can help create the digital future of Malaysia.
MDEC Tech Talent CEO Roundtable
Relive the highlights of the Tech Talent CEO Roundtable, featuring MDEC’s CEO Surina ShukriPlay Video
Data Scientist – The Sexiest Job of The 21st Century
Discover how we’re pushing to grow 20,000 data professionals via various programmes with our partnersPlay Video
Digital Ninja Leadership Bootcamp 2018
View the highlights of the Digital Ninja Leadership Bootcamp of 2018Play Video
Digital Ninja Career Immersion 2018
Discover how our Digital Ninja Career Immersion programme provides our youth with internship opportunities with various tech companiesPlay Video
#mydigitalmaker Fair 2018
Relive the #mydigitalmaker Fair 2018, where the youth of Malaysia is exposed to the wonders of robotics-building, 3D printing, and morePlay Video
Update of MSC malaysia Status Tax Incentive
- We refer to the announcement by the Government of Malaysia on 12 June 2018, “Malaysia’s Commitment in International Tax Standard“, and the subsequent announcement by MDEC on 28 December 2018, titled “Important Update and Changes on MSC Malaysia BOG 5“.
- As stated in the aforesaid announcements, the identified tax incentives of Malaysia will need to be reviewed and amended to be consistent with the international standards, which also include the MSC Malaysia Bill of Guarantee (BOG) 5 (Tax Exemption).
- In accordance with the above exercise, the grant of MSC Malaysia Status and its incentives, including extension of income tax exemption period, or adding new MSC Malaysia Qualifying Activities, has been put on hold since 1 July 2018.
Changes to BOG 5 (Tax Exemption)
- Previously, the tax exemption for MSC Malaysia Status was granted for the income derived from MSC Malaysia Approved Activities. Moving forward, the tax exemption will be granted for income derived from either services activities (Services Incentive) and/or intellectual property (IP Incentive).
Status Update: Approval of MSC Malaysia Status Services Incentive (Non-IP)
- The MSC Malaysia Status Services Incentive has been approved by the Government and will be regulated under the new Income Tax (Exemption) (No. 10) Order 2018 [P.U.(A) 389/2018], which was gazetted on 31 December 2018.
- As for the MSC Malaysia Status IP Incentive, the policy is still under review process by the Government. MDEC will be releasing further information in due course.
Application of MSC Malaysia Status Services Incentive (Non-IP)
- Applications for MSC Malaysia Status Services Incentive can be made starting from 2nd April 2019.
- For more details about the eligibility criteria, and qualifying promoted activities and conditions, please refer to detailed Application Guidelines here.
- Application Forms can be downloaded from here and the completed application is to be forwarded to email@example.com.
- For further enquiries, please contact MDEC Client Contact Centre (CliC) at 1-800-88-8338 (within Malaysia) or +603 8315 3000 (overseas) or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For frequently asked questions, please refer here.