For more information on Malaysia, please visit: Malaysia Travel
WHO IS IT FOR
Malaysia Tech Entrepreneur Programme (MTEP) is for tech founders who want to capture the ASEAN market from Malaysia
via a 1-year stay or a 5-year stay in the country
An individual with track record of establlished business
5 Year Pass
Application fee begins from:
MYR 5,300 Only*
*Approximately USD 1,200
Information that describes your proposed business idea, market opportunity and plans in securing funding
3 months personal bank statement (minimum amount of RM50,000 but not limited to Malaysian banks)Established Entrepreneur
3 months personal bank statement (minimum amount of RM50,000 but not limited to Malaysian banks) and proof of business performance
A document issued from the embassy or enforcement agency that states of no criminal record of an applicant in their residing country
Personal bond document signed by Malaysia Digital Hubs or MTEP recognized partners.
Additional Required Document
Letter of Offer or Tenancy Agreement from any Malaysia Digital Hubs or MTEP recognized partnersEstablished Entrepreneur
Declaration form from a Malaysian sponsor or individual.Download template here
FOR VENTURE CAPITAL
HOW FAST WILL YOUR PASS BE READY
Note: Application approval is given by MDEC and Issuance of Pass is by Malaysian Immigration office in Malaysia.
MDEC CONTACT INFO
For issuance of pass:
Update of MSC malaysia Status Tax Incentive
- We refer to the announcement by the Government of Malaysia on 12 June 2018, “Malaysia’s Commitment in International Tax Standard“, and the subsequent announcement by MDEC on 28 December 2018, titled “Important Update and Changes on MSC Malaysia BOG 5“.
- As stated in the aforesaid announcements, the identified tax incentives of Malaysia will need to be reviewed and amended to be consistent with the international standards, which also include the MSC Malaysia Bill of Guarantee (BOG) 5 (Tax Exemption).
- In accordance with the above exercise, the grant of MSC Malaysia Status and its incentives, including extension of income tax exemption period, or adding new MSC Malaysia Qualifying Activities, has been put on hold since 1 July 2018.
Changes to BOG 5 (Tax Exemption)
- Previously, the tax exemption for MSC Malaysia Status was granted for the income derived from MSC Malaysia Approved Activities. Moving forward, the tax exemption will be granted for income derived from either services activities (Services Incentive) and/or intellectual property (IP Incentive).
Status Update: Approval of MSC Malaysia Status Services Incentive (Non-IP)
- The MSC Malaysia Status Services Incentive has been approved by the Government and will be regulated under the new Income Tax (Exemption) (No. 10) Order 2018 [P.U.(A) 389/2018], which was gazetted on 31 December 2018.
- As for the MSC Malaysia Status IP Incentive, the policy is still under review process by the Government. MDEC will be releasing further information in due course.
Application of MSC Malaysia Status Services Incentive (Non-IP)
- Applications for MSC Malaysia Status Services Incentive can be made starting from 2nd April 2019.
- For more details about the eligibility criteria, and qualifying promoted activities and conditions, please refer to detailed Application Guidelines here.
- Application Forms can be downloaded from here and the completed application is to be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For further enquiries, please contact MDEC Client Contact Centre (CliC) at 1-800-88-8338 (within Malaysia) or +603 8315 3000 (overseas) or email at email@example.com.
- For frequently asked questions, please refer here.